How We Work
Our business is based on
Networks – We believe in the power of networking to drive our business to scale. Our franchisees are networks – with a manager who coordinates from 2-20 TSS agents. Networks share experiences, learn from each other and can do deals together. Our structure enables rapid growth and opens regional trading opportunities.
Collaboration – TSS with online mentored peer exchange learning builds collaboration along the value chain. The different actors from farmer to trader, transporter, processor and end buyer can all see all the prices and costs along the way. Together we can then learn how to make the value chains more efficient and give better returns to everyone.
Technology - TruTrade uses IBM cloud-based mobile and online applications to provide the controls and information for price setting, tracking of produce from collection to delivery and tracking of payments from buyer to farmer. Our digital financial services address the ‘sale to settlement gap’, which is one of the key factors that limit the growth of rural African agricultural markets.
What We Do
TruTrade provides the following services to our franchisees:
- TTS software platform for transparent and secure trading and payment operations and deal analytics.
- Trading finance - Cash-on-the-Bag and operational capital which releases cash payments to farmers as they hand over their raw produce at the collection points.
- Find buyers and management of buyer relationship
- Mentored peer exchange learning for innovation, R&D, financial management
- Enable access to assets for value addition. Opportunities for cleaning, pressing, milling or packaging produce or to provide transport services.
What is TSS - Transaction Security Services (TSS), is a transparent and secure brokering and payment service for managing aggregation and organizing value addition. Franchisees use IT applications for price setting, payments and transaction tracking from product collection through value addition processes to delivery to the buyer. TruTrade centralizes buyer contracting to food and feed manufacturers or BOP urban vendors as well as financing and payments. It provides aggregators with trade financing to facilitate payments to farmers, and payments for value addition ‘toll’ processing.